    after a Server.Transfer or Response.Redirect
    although i do expire them the next year

    thanks

    Hernán Castelo, Jun 2, 2004

  2. thanks
    i am redirect to another page
    on the same folder

    Hernán Castelo, Jun 2, 2004

  3. i'm sorry...
    cookies don't persist after "SUMBIT". ...

    i have (seudo code)

    some pages, at begining:
    -------------------------
    #include login_userType_Z.inc

    login_userType_Z.inc
    ------------------------
    if not exists session then
    response.cookies("try_login")= "some info..."
    server.transfer LOGIN.asp
    end

    LOGIN.asp
    ------------
    *** at this point, cookie is STILL OK ***
    <form action= "LOGIN2.asp">
    <submit>

    LOGIN2.asp
    -------------
    request.cookies *** at this point, after "SUBMIT" I lost cookies ***
    check at database ( user id , pwd )
    if ok
    give him a session
    endif

    Hernán Castelo, Jun 2, 2004
  4. well,
    now i see that the problem
    arise in the virtual path design:
    the App is assigned to a virtual folder . . .

    please tell me if i am rigt:

    the cookie is created
    at a virtual "vRoot" folder
    then the control is passed by "Transfer"
    to a page in another folder
    remaining under "vRoot context"

    but, when the page is "Submited"
    IIS goes thru other virtual folder, under other context

    does it is right ?

    Hernán Castelo, Jun 3, 2004
  5. thanks curt
    you are right

    i moved the submit-ed (2nd) page
    to the same folder than submit-er (1st) page
    and works fine

    i commited a mistake when
    re-constructed the website :

    now, i moved the secondary virtual folder
    as a child of the virtual root
    as must it be (in my app)
    changing
    |--vroot