cookie don't persist aftes server.transfer

Hernán Castelo

hi
i'm setting up my web new server
i see that cookies do not persist
after a Server.Transfer or Response.Redirect
although i do expire them the next year

thanks

Hernán Castelo

i'm sorry...
cookies don't persist after "SUMBIT". ...

i have (seudo code)

some pages, at begining:
-------------------------
#include login_userType_Z.inc

login_userType_Z.inc
------------------------
if not exists session then
response.cookies("try_login")= "some info..."
server.transfer LOGIN.asp
end

LOGIN.asp
------------
*** at this point, cookie is STILL OK ***
<form action= "LOGIN2.asp">
<submit>

LOGIN2.asp
-------------
request.cookies *** at this point, after "SUBMIT" I lost cookies ***
check at database ( user id , pwd )
if ok
give him a session
endif

Hernán Castelo

well,
now i see that the problem
arise in the virtual path design:
the App is assigned to a virtual folder . . .

please tell me if i am rigt:

the cookie is created
at a virtual "vRoot" folder
then the control is passed by "Transfer"
to a page in another folder
remaining under "vRoot context"

but, when the page is "Submited"
IIS goes thru other virtual folder, under other context

does it is right ?

Hernán Castelo

thanks curt
you are right

i moved the submit-ed (2nd) page
to the same folder than submit-er (1st) page
and works fine

i commited a mistake when
re-constructed the website :

now, i moved the secondary virtual folder
as a child of the virtual root
as must it be (in my app)
changing
|--vroot