    How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?
    .... alert(document.cookie.expires) ...

    Jean Pierre
    Québec, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Québec

    Evertjan. Guest

    Québec wrote on 04 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
    > How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?
    > ... alert(document.cookie.expires) ...

    You don't, Jean Pierre

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 4, 2004

  3. On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:39:08 -0400, Québec <> wrote:

    > How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?

    As far I know, you can't. Once the browser has the cookie, the expires (or
    Max-Age) value becomes internal: it's only used to decide if the cookie
    should be returned when requested.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Sep 4, 2004
  4. Québec

    Québec Guest

    So, I will write it has a cookie info in an array.

    Thanks

    Jean

    Québec, Sep 4, 2004
  5. Québec

    Evertjan. Guest

    Michael Winter wrote on 04 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:39:08 -0400, Qu‚bec <> wrote:
    >
    >> How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?

    > As far I know, you can't. Once the browser has the cookie, the expires
    > (or Max-Age) value becomes internal: it's only used to decide if the
    > cookie should be returned when requested.

    Which does not mean you cannot include a copy of the the expiry date as a
    string in a cookie key.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 4, 2004
  6. Québec

    Québec Guest

    Precisely

    Jean

    Québec, Sep 4, 2004
  7. Québec

    Evertjan. Guest

    Québec wrote on 04 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
    > "Evertjan." <> a écrit dans le message de
    >> Which does not mean you cannot include a copy of the the expiry date
    >> as a string in a cookie key.

    > Precisely
    >
    > Jean

    [topposting corrected, please do not toppost on usenet]

    It always feels good, Jean Québec, when someone agrees with me.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 5, 2004