cookie location after being set?

Guest

I attempted to find the cookie 'Prospect' in my Temp Internet Files in IE6
after I had set it in ASP:

Response.Cookies("Prospect").Expires = Date() + 2
Response.Cookies("Prospect")("u_id") = u_id
Response.Cookies("Prospect")("u_name") = sName
Response.Cookies("Prospect")("VisitorIP") = VisitorIP

....However, it does not appear to be there? Am I looking
in the wrong physical location?

Thanks
Jason

Guest

Thanks...I looked under the three <user> accounts [/cookie/] folders but
still could not find it....

What am I doing wrong here...I am successfully testing for the cookie in asp
but it does not appear to be in any of the cookie folders?

Thanks
Jason

joker

Also remember to close the browser window because the cookie is not
written to the hard drive from Internet Explorer until after IE is closed.

Curt_C said:
Hmm... should be there. As long as you have the .Expires set it will write
to one of the cookie folders. The name of it might be tricky though. Clear
ALL of your cookies, then write it and see what appears.

Curt

Thanks...I looked under the three <user> accounts [/cookie/] folders but
still could not find it....

What am I doing wrong here...I am successfully testing for the cookie in
asp
but it does not appear to be in any of the cookie folders?

Thanks
Jason
C:\Documents and Settings\<your user>\Cookies

Curt

I attempted to find the cookie 'Prospect' in my Temp Internet Files in
IE6

after I had set it in ASP:

Response.Cookies("Prospect").Expires = Date() + 2
Response.Cookies("Prospect")("u_id") = u_id
Response.Cookies("Prospect")("u_name") = sName
Response.Cookies("Prospect")("VisitorIP") = VisitorIP

...However, it does not appear to be there? Am I looking
in the wrong physical location?

Thanks
Jason

Guest

Thanks...I eventually found the damn thing and this is how it reads, I am
using Browser Hawk detection so that explains the first chunk

bhCookiePerm
1
69.2.200.70/
1536
1263251200
29657175
4147321488
29656772
*
Prospect
VisitorIP=&u%5Fname=jason%40catamarans3%2Ecom&u%5Fid=203
69.2.200.70/
1536
1141950464
29657441
3253640768
29656842
*

For some reason one of my asp pages can no longer read the cookie above...it
is so wierd....the preceeding page confirms I created the cookie and that I
have cookies
enabled...now suddenly my processing page is telling the "Prospect" cookie
above does not exist.....do you have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks
Jason