Cookie Question (IP as domain and cookie file location)

Guest

My site does not have a domain name, just an IP address.

I set a cookie in ASP.Net and I can read it with no problem on subsequent
pages.

My problem is that I want to actually see the file on my local workstation
(Windows XP) but I can not seem to find it?

I have looked in the Temporary Internet Files folder and the Cookies folder
for my network user within Documents and Settings. But when I create the
cookie programatically, I still can not see the actual file?

Could anyone explain why I would not see the file?

Is it because I am using an IP address for my site rather than a domain name?

Bruce Barker

it depends on the browser used where the cookie file is located. ie stores
its cookies in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies\[email protected]

note: if its a session cookie, then its not written to disk.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)