    on one machine and not the other? Is there a cookie setting that may be the
    culprit?
    Thanks for any information!
    Goober, May 24, 2005

  2. Goober

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Goober"
    <> writing in

    > If this is not the right newsgroup for this, please point me in the
    > right direction.
    > I am writing a session cookie (no expiration time). The problem is that
    > some customers (running win2K or XP) seem to need their privacy setting
    > all the way to "allow all cookies" before they can write them and not
    > get an error. I can test the same site on my machine (win2k) and write
    > the cookie with Privacy set to "medium" with no problem....Can anyone
    > tell me why this works on one machine and not the other? Is there a
    > cookie setting that may be the culprit?
    > Thanks for any information!

    You want to look into P3P. IE looks at the machine readable privacy policy
    to determine whether or not cookies should be allowed.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, May 25, 2005

  3. Goober

    John Smith Guest

    Goober:

    Isn't the answer obvious, I don't want you to write anything on my
    machine--not even a cookie...

    Regards,
    John

    John Smith, May 25, 2005