cookie question

Goober

If this is not the right newsgroup for this, please point me in the right
direction.
I am writing a session cookie (no expiration time). The problem is that some
customers (running win2K or XP) seem to need their privacy setting all the
way to "allow all cookies" before they can write them and not get an error.
I can test the same site on my machine (win2k) and write the cookie with
Privacy set to "medium" with no problem....Can anyone tell me why this works
on one machine and not the other? Is there a cookie setting that may be the
culprit?
Thanks for any information!

Adrienne

If this is not the right newsgroup for this, please point me in the
right direction.
I am writing a session cookie (no expiration time). The problem is that
some customers (running win2K or XP) seem to need their privacy setting
all the way to "allow all cookies" before they can write them and not
get an error. I can test the same site on my machine (win2k) and write
the cookie with Privacy set to "medium" with no problem....Can anyone
tell me why this works on one machine and not the other? Is there a
cookie setting that may be the culprit?
Thanks for any information!

You want to look into P3P. IE looks at the machine readable privacy policy
to determine whether or not cookies should be allowed.

John Smith

Goober:

Isn't the answer obvious, I don't want you to write anything on my
machine--not even a cookie...

Regards,
John