cookie related

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by abcd, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. abcd

    abcd Guest

    I have 2 web sites hosted on 2 different machies (pages are in classic asp)

    when the user accesses http://Machine1/testapp then a cookie is written say

    Response.Cookies("user")="Alex"

    Whe the user acceses http://Machine2/testapp then a cookie is written as

    Response.Cookies("user")="Alex"

    before machine2 writes a cookie I need to check if the browser already hase
    Machine1 cookie, if yes then dont write if no then only write.

    I know the different hostnames generate different cookies....but is there
    any way for machine2 code to check client browser cookie for machine1.

    thanks in advance

    [I am not a hacker, my application demands this situation]

    cheers !
    abcd, Dec 20, 2005

  2. abcd

    Evertjan. Guest

    abcd wrote on 20 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I know the different hostnames generate different cookies....but is
    > there any way for machine2 code to check client browser cookie for
    > machine1.

    I hope not.

    > [I am not a hacker, my application demands this situation]

    I am not a burgler, so please leave your key in the front door lock.
    Evertjan., Dec 20, 2005