    page and requested the session variable. If it wasn't there ...
    redirect accordingly .. if so .. log in ..

    Is there a way to quickly test for session/cookies in ASP.NET
    Aaron Fleming, May 26, 2005

  2. Aaron,
    If you are looking to check to see if a user is logged in or not by
    using session/cookies then what you want to look at is called forms
    authentications. Basically the process you describe for your classic asp
    now is done for you automatically in asp.net as long as you setup the
    web.config file properly.
    Here is a link that will walk you through the process...
    http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_forms_authentication.aspx
    or
    http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=85

    Good Luck,