Cookie troubles

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Arjen, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Arjen

    Arjen Guest

    Hi, I have a site where I set a cookie with a life of one year. Lately
    however ive been having a lot of trouble with users who cant login to my
    site aldough ive checked and everything should work fine.

    There is a vilid cookie, but it's an old one .. a new one should have
    been set but for some reason the old one still appears. I dont believe
    it has anything to do with my script cause it's as standard as they come

    code for the cookie (php)
    SetCookie ("bezoeker", $cookieval, time()+31536000,"/");

    example value of the cookie
    15:f0e30456fc3a998248b94df40148e221

    Is there anyone who has any ideas why a new cookie wont overwrite an old
    one. Is there anything I can do .. maybe cache control or something ?

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <head>
    type="text/css">
    </head>