Cookie

MaticK

Hi,

I have a question, that someone here will hopefully be able to help m
with.

I have a website (gaming) that me and my friends use to post differen
scores, tips and all kinds of stuff.

I would like to "assign" each of my friend with unique cookie (o
something else) and then be able to record (somewhere) when did the
come to my site.

I only want cookie id and time to be recorded (ip or date, would be
plus, but not necesary).

Can someone pls help me with that or point me in the right direction?

I have some basic html skills, but very little when it comes to workin
with servers (so cgi, php and simmilar, kinda scare me :) ).

Please help. Any tip will be greately apriciated.

TIA,

-
Matic

Thomas Jollans

MaticK said:
Hi,

I have a question, that someone here will hopefully be able to help me
with.

I have a website (gaming) that me and my friends use to post different
scores, tips and all kinds of stuff.

I would like to "assign" each of my friend with unique cookie (or
something else) and then be able to record (somewhere) when did they
come to my site.

I only want cookie id and time to be recorded (ip or date, would be a
plus, but not necesary).

Can someone pls help me with that or point me in the right direction?

I have some basic html skills, but very little when it comes to working
with servers (so cgi, php and simmilar, kinda scare me :) ).

Please help. Any tip will be greately apriciated.

TIA,
How did you do the posting stuff? I don't know if cookies are the right
things because they are saved on the users comp, so you can never see
it... If you only want to keep a personal record you might want to
regularly send the stuff to your comp via email, although that would
overload you inbox a bit. If neither is what you want you'll have to
save it on the server in a file or a db. But without knowing the
features of your ISP (and, maybe, the language the posting stuff is
written in) noonecan help you much farther.

thomas