CookieLess Sessions and Bookmarks

Guest

We are currently converting our web site for asp.net 1.1 to asp.net 2.0.
We use cookieless sessions.
We have discovered a problem, when someone using a bookmark set from when
the site was 1.1 they receive the following error:
dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL:
/(n4th2m2frhi3vs3a15xdq2qxS(wnk2dwjrrsd3kmagvrjpa255))/home.aspx

The old sessionid (the one in the bookmark) is being appended with the new
sessionid as show in Requested URL:.

What can we do to keeps this from happening?

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Harolds,

Thank you for your post.

I'm afraid this is a known issue of ASP.NET 2.0 as first reported at
http://forums.asp.net/1203148/ShowPost.aspx which also has a workaround
here: http://forums.asp.net/1211205/ShowPost.aspx

If this issue is critical for your product and you don't want to use the
workaround, you may contact MSDN representatives to submit your questions
online or through phone:
As an MSDN Subscriber, you are entitled to receive up to four support
incidents depending on your subscription level.

Please feel free to post here if anything is unclear.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Harolds,

Thank you for your update. Please feel free to post here if you need more
help on this.