Cookieless sessions

Guest

Is there any way to have a user use cookieless sessions at runtime on a
case-by-case basis? Or do cookieless sessions have to be turned on globally
in the web.config for all users of the web application?

We are attempting to set an Outlook folder to display a web page (ala
Microsoft CRM 3's Outlook integration), but Outlook's implementation of the
IE browser control appears to force a new session whenever you open a new
browser window from the home page through script with window.open( ) or <a
href=url target=_blank>New Page</a>.

Cookieless sessions appear to fix this problem, but we don't want to make
the change for all of our users because we also are using forms-based
authentication.

FYI, our web app was written in ASP.Net 1.1 but we will be migrating to 2.0
fairly soon, so a solution in either version would be of interest.

Thanks!