Cookieless sessions

Leigh

Hi

Using cookieless sessions, if a user copies a URL that
includes the embedded session ID and sends that to someone
else, i.e. via email, if that link is used within the
timeout period, they end up with the same session.

Is there a way to tell if the client using the URL and
embedded session ID is somebody different to client who
originally got the session?

Regards

Leigh

evolve

what about checking "AUTH_USER" ? in the er session variables i finks? or IP
address?

Bhaskardeep Khaund

Hi,

You can use the user IP address in a LAN scenario or toggle a database field to check the user login status.

Bhaskardeep Khaund
Hi

Using cookieless sessions, if a user copies a URL that
includes the embedded session ID and sends that to someone
else, i.e. via email, if that link is used within the
timeout period, they end up with the same session.

Is there a way to tell if the client using the URL and
embedded session ID is somebody different to client who
originally got the session?

Regards

Leigh

Guest