Cookies/sessions will not die - Browserhawk Test?

Guest

Its strange...I have experimenting with browser hawk by using the cookie
sniffer method. However, even If adjust the security slider level in
internet options or goto advanced in the privacy tab I cannot seem to prove
the condition below....it is almost as if cookies don't want to die in my
testing environment.

I did try closing the browser and relaunching but cookies and session ids
seem alive and well....is this the usual hassle with testing
cookies/sessions?

Option Explicit
Dim bh
set bh = Server.CreateObject("cyScape.browserObj")
bh.SetExtProperties "cookie_both"
bh.GetExtPropertiesEx

if not bh.cookiesEnabled then
response.write "COOKIES DEAD"
end if

Thanks
Jason

Guest

Further Note: When I run the BH sample script it comes back with this:

You currently have cookies enabled.
Cookie details (only available for IE 5+):
Session cookies: Enabled
Permanent cookies: Enabled

What is the difference between a Session cookie and a permanent cookie...do
they mean "Server Session variable" and "Client side Permanent Cookie"...

...why woud this test partially work for the Bh sample script and not for my
page test?

- Jason