    6. Cookies are being set with PHP and Javascript.

    Thanx
    Phil
    Phil Powell, Sep 4, 2003

  2. "Phil Powell" <> schreef in bericht
    news:JhO5b.113297$xf.17876@lakeread04...

    > Does anyone know why this happens? I am using Win2000 Professional with

    IE
    > 6. Cookies are being set with PHP and Javascript.

    Try deleting the cookie with the expires argument set to a date in the past
    and look what happens then.

    JW
    Janwillem Borleffs, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Phil Powell

    Grant Wagner Guest

    Phil Powell wrote:

    > I am having this problem: My PHP script will set a cookie, it's there in my
    > /Cookies folder. I delete the cookie (I have to for testing purposes, the
    > PHP script I run behaves according to this cookie existing or not) and run
    > the script again. Everything runs fine, but the cookie is never set again.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this happens? I am using Win2000 Professional with IE
    > 6. Cookies are being set with PHP and Javascript.
    >
    > Thanx
    > Phil

    This isn't really a JavaScript question, and you haven't provided a lot of
    details, but my first guess is that IE keeps a copy of cookies received during
    a session (the time the app is running to the time it is shut down) in memory.
    As a result, deleting the cookie from disk doesn't change IE's opinion that it
    already has a copy of the cookie and does not need to write another to disk.

    My first suggestion would be to close IE, delete the cookie, then start IE
    again.

    --
    | Grant Wagner <>

    *