    I've added a cookie and I am able to read it when using the same window but
    if I load up a new window and try to access it, it can't find the cookie.
    Any one know why? Thanks

    Seth, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Seth wrote:
    > I've added a cookie and I am able to read it when using the same
    > window but if I load up a new window and try to access it, it can't
    > find the cookie. Any one know why?

    Yep. You're using an Internet Explorer version >= 5.01.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jun 30, 2004

  3. I wrote:
    >> ...Any one know why?

    > Yep. You're using an Internet Explorer version >= 5.01.

    You might have thought this was unhelpful, correct as it almost certainly
    was.

    The underlying reason is that Microsoft thought it could get clever with IE
    and allow different windows to use different ASP sessions simultaneously.
    Unfortunately, with IE 5.01, MS also took away [Tools : Internet Options :
    Advanced : Launch new windows in separate processes], so the decision to use
    separate processes (and share such things as cookies) is no longer yours. IE
    makes the decision based on resources available.
    http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2157

    Then again, you might not be talking about session cookies, in which case
    you almost certainly are dealing with a privacy/security issue. Do you
    experience the same behavior when you use the most permissive settings for
    privacy and security?

    Or I could just have read your post incorrectly, and thought that you
    understood the difference between transient and persistent cookies. In that
    case, see Curt's post, and ignore mine.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jun 30, 2004
  4. Seth

    Seth Guest

    Thanks for that. All the websites I looked at for using cookies, none of
    them stated that setting .Expires will save the cookie. Thanks for the help.

    Seth, Jul 1, 2004
  5. Seth

    Seth, Aug 23, 2004