  1. James Jones

    James Jones Guest

    Is it possible to make a cookie NEVER expire? or not?

    James Jones, Jul 22, 2006

  2. "James Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:%23nm$...
    > Is it possible to make a cookie NEVER expire? or not?

    Nope.

    Just make it expire in a 100 years or so. Is that sufficient?

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 23, 2006

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)"
    <> writing in news:uvvP2BnrGHA.600
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    > "James Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to make a cookie NEVER expire? or not?
    >>

    > Nope.
    >
    > Just make it expire in a 100 years or so. Is that sufficient?

    Is this going to be like the One-Hoss Shay?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 24, 2006
  4. "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)"
    > <> writing in news:uvvP2BnrGHA.600
    > @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
    >

    >> "James Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is it possible to make a cookie NEVER expire? or not?
    >>>

    >> Nope.
    >>
    >> Just make it expire in a 100 years or so. Is that sufficient?
    >>

    > Is this going to be like the One-Hoss Shay?

    Not if you make it a 200 hundred!
    <q>
    Have you heard of the wonderful one-hoss shay,
    That was built in such a logical way
    It ran a hundred years to a day,
    And then of a sudden it -- ah, but stay,
    I'll tell you what happened without delay,
    Scaring the parson into fits,
    Frightening people out of their wits, --
    Have you ever heard of that, I say?

    </q>
    http://www.legallanguage.com/poems/onehossshay.htm

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 24, 2006
  5. James Jones wrote:
    > Is it possible to make a cookie NEVER expire? or not?

    If so, it will end up in an MRE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRE

    Seriously, though: a transient cookie (one which has no expiration date)
    will never expire if sent to a browser that never closes. All other cookies
    expire.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jul 24, 2006