    Hi,
    Is it possible to create cool drop down/ popu menus without using java,
    javascript, flash, vbscript or anything other than HTML?

    code_wrong, May 29, 2005

  2. code_wrong

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "code_wrong" <>
    writing in news::

    > Hi,
    > Is it possible to create cool drop down/ popu menus without using java,
    > javascript, flash, vbscript or anything other than HTML?

    No. HTML is static and cannot do anything interactive without some kind
    of scripting, whether it be javascript on the client, or server side
    script on the server.

    With that said, please remember that some users have client side
    technologies turned off because of pop-ups, viruses, etc. Some visitors
    do not have them at all, like your most important visitor, Googlebot.
    So, when you are developing something, keep those people/bots in mind.
    The site should be accessible and navigble without those technologies,
    and they should only be used for enhancement.

    As far as server side script, be aware that the server is unaware of what
    is going on the client side, so don't think that a VB msgbox is going to
    work on the client. Also be sure to validate any input from the user
    server side, don't rely on client side javascript.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, May 29, 2005

  3. code_wrong

    Vladdy Guest

    code_wrong wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is it possible to create cool drop down/ popu menus without using java,
    > javascript, flash, vbscript or anything other than HTML?

    Yes, in real browsers you can use HTML and CSS to create accessible
    dynamic menu. Since the dumb IE does not support :hover pseudo-class on
    anything but anchors, it would need a bit of JScript to rectify the
    situation.

    --
    Vladdy
    http://www.klproductions.com