Cool Web Design Portfolio

Discussion in 'HTML' started by coult, Mar 10, 2010.

  1. coult

    coult Guest

    coult, Mar 10, 2010

  2. coult

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Mar 10, 1:33 pm, coult <> wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me where I can find a cool pre-built Flash applet to
    > showcase my portfolio, something like this one:http://www.bhswebdesign.com/web-design-portfolio.html
    >
    > Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

    I have never heard of a Flash applet. There is swf (flash) which is
    much used today. There is an applet which is part of the JAVA
    language, but it is used very little on web pages today. So far as I
    can tell, from the source code of the site you mention, only
    conventional swf is being used and nothing concerns JAVA applets. You
    might find a site on the web that offers a free swf code that you
    would fancy, but you might have to do a lot of searching, and I have
    no idea what you might like. From viewing the page you quote, it might
    involve some motion effects. Those that use flash motion effects
    usually write their own code, and some flash software is required to
    do so. A 'cool" effect the first time you view a page can quickly
    become a time-wasting distraction if you often need to return to the
    page.

    The example page you give states they will write you a page at a
    price. Of course most private individuals would not be willing to pay
    the price for such a service. I did validate the mentioned page at
    w3c. The page has 39 validation errors, even though it is only written
    as html 4.01 transitional. Many of the errors are not serious because
    most modern browsers can handle them. However, for someone trying to
    sell web design, it seems a page with so many errors does not help
    their image. If I were hiring them for something, I would get an
    agreement that the page would only be paid for if it has no validation
    errors at w3c and that it is written in html 4.01 strict.
    cwdjrxyz, Mar 10, 2010

  3. coult

    Roy A. Guest

    Roy A., Mar 10, 2010