Cool Web Design Portfolio

cwdjrxyz

Can anyone tell me where I can find a cool pre-built Flash applet to
showcase my portfolio, something like this one:http://www.bhswebdesign.com/web-design-portfolio.html

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

I have never heard of a Flash applet. There is swf (flash) which is
much used today. There is an applet which is part of the JAVA
language, but it is used very little on web pages today. So far as I
can tell, from the source code of the site you mention, only
conventional swf is being used and nothing concerns JAVA applets. You
might find a site on the web that offers a free swf code that you
would fancy, but you might have to do a lot of searching, and I have
no idea what you might like. From viewing the page you quote, it might
involve some motion effects. Those that use flash motion effects
usually write their own code, and some flash software is required to
do so. A 'cool" effect the first time you view a page can quickly
become a time-wasting distraction if you often need to return to the
page.

The example page you give states they will write you a page at a
price. Of course most private individuals would not be willing to pay
the price for such a service. I did validate the mentioned page at
w3c. The page has 39 validation errors, even though it is only written
as html 4.01 transitional. Many of the errors are not serious because
most modern browsers can handle them. However, for someone trying to
sell web design, it seems a page with so many errors does not help
their image. If I were hiring them for something, I would get an
agreement that the page would only be paid for if it has no validation
errors at w3c and that it is written in html 4.01 strict.

1

123Jim