    Thanks for your help.

    Philipp

    , Nov 4, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > I have to talk to an audience with moderate IT-skills and explain the
    > topics XML-Schema, XSLT and CSS.Now I would like to show an application
    > or several applications that show & use the features of these
    > technologies. And I would like it to be very interesting. Does someone
    > have an idea what I could show?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Philipp

    A cool applicatoin of XML Schema XSLT and CSS, are
    web pages!

    You can just serve an xml document conforming to your own
    xml schema, bind a xslt stylsheet or css style to it.
    Now your information is can berenderen by the browser,

    even cooler, you can define a xslt stylesheet for different
    viewer,
    so you can serve you information as wml,svg,pdf,xhtml, old html,
    tinyhtml, etc etcc etc.

    And with XForms the editing of the information is really simple..

    That i think is the true power of xml.

    Cannot really give a sample application, it is all under development.

    Tjerk Wolterink, Nov 4, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > I have to talk to an audience with moderate IT-skills and explain the
    > topics XML-Schema, XSLT and CSS.Now I would like to show an application
    > or several applications that show & use the features of these
    > technologies. And I would like it to be very interesting. Does someone
    > have an idea what I could show?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Philipp

    Another side note:

    XML is too abstract to show a cool application off it,

    it's just like saying, i want a cool application of the c programming
    language....

    There are several XML Schema's that are in use today, like MathML,
    SVG, XHTML, etc etc.

    Tjerk Wolterink, Nov 4, 2005

    Thanks for your help Tjerk.

    I will look into it and see if it is appropriate.

    Thanks again,
    Philipp

    , Nov 6, 2005