cool XML Application

philipp.beer

Hello Everybody,

I have to talk to an audience with moderate IT-skills and explain the
topics XML-Schema, XSLT and CSS.Now I would like to show an application
or several applications that show & use the features of these
technologies. And I would like it to be very interesting. Does someone
have an idea what I could show?

Thanks for your help.

Philipp

Tjerk Wolterink

Hello Everybody,

I have to talk to an audience with moderate IT-skills and explain the
topics XML-Schema, XSLT and CSS.Now I would like to show an application
or several applications that show & use the features of these
technologies. And I would like it to be very interesting. Does someone
have an idea what I could show?

Thanks for your help.

Philipp

A cool applicatoin of XML Schema XSLT and CSS, are
web pages!

You can just serve an xml document conforming to your own
xml schema, bind a xslt stylsheet or css style to it.
Now your information is can berenderen by the browser,

even cooler, you can define a xslt stylesheet for different
viewer,
so you can serve you information as wml,svg,pdf,xhtml, old html,
tinyhtml, etc etcc etc.

And with XForms the editing of the information is really simple..

That i think is the true power of xml.

Cannot really give a sample application, it is all under development.

Tjerk Wolterink

Hello Everybody,

I have to talk to an audience with moderate IT-skills and explain the
topics XML-Schema, XSLT and CSS.Now I would like to show an application
or several applications that show & use the features of these
technologies. And I would like it to be very interesting. Does someone
have an idea what I could show?

Thanks for your help.

Philipp

Another side note:

XML is too abstract to show a cool application off it,

it's just like saying, i want a cool application of the c programming
language....

There are several XML Schema's that are in use today, like MathML,
SVG, XHTML, etc etc.

philipp.beer

Thanks for your help Tjerk.

I will look into it and see if it is appropriate.

Thanks again,
Philipp