Coordination of projects

eagle

I have 2 asp.net projects that I have build together as one solution,
sharing
procedures, etc. One project is for staff members, the other is for admin
members. Pretty typical, where the administrators have more advanced
options or options related to security, such as creating logons. They are
concerned that because it's one project we aren't segregating the procedures
enough, and want the two projects separated. They actually will reside on
two different servers -- one server accessiable by all and one server only
accessible by administrators of the project. The 2nd server would have the
portion of the project that creates logons, for instance.

So my question is how to build the 2 projects. One project uses anonymous
access, the other uses integrated security and accessible only within our
local intranet. There will be 2 different links for the user to select
depending on which one he/she wants to run, and of course is only accessible
if the user is literally sitting from an accessible pc within our network.
Would I
be better off literally separating the two projects? How can I build
the two projects, and depending on the link run one of the projects only.

Since I've only worked on internal projects, I am not sure how to do this.
If I split projects, it seems that management of the two would be a
nightmare, making sure to modify both programs when there are common
changes.

Thanks for your help

Jon Paal

The whole purpose of role-based membership is to keep users segregated. Websites all over the world use role-based memberships for
access security. Perhaps they should justify the reasoning for two physical servers.

If you end up building two websites, maybe shared code could be done through web services.