    work. I have been forced to simply output the DTD in the XSLT with
    <xslt:text>.

    Any ideas? Thanks!

    Greg Jones, May 10, 2004

  2. Greg Jones wrote:

    > This may be a simple question but difficult to search on since the
    > keywords are so generic.
    >
    > Is there a way, in XSLT, to copy an embedded DTD from the source XML
    > to the target XML? Using 'match="processing-instruction()"' doesn't
    > work. I have been forced to simply output the DTD in the XSLT with
    > <xslt:text>.

    As DOCTYPE nodes are not part of the XSLT/XPath data model you can't
    copy (or otherwise process) them with XSLT.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, May 10, 2004

  3. Greg Jones

    Greg Jones Guest

    I bet no one reading this is smart enough to write an XSLT extension
    to handle embedded DTDs...

    I dare you...

    ;-)

    ps - thanks for the confirmation!