Copy an embedded DTD from source XML in XLST...

Greg Jones

Hello,

This may be a simple question but difficult to search on since the
keywords are so generic.

Is there a way, in XSLT, to copy an embedded DTD from the source XML
to the target XML? Using 'match="processing-instruction()"' doesn't
work. I have been forced to simply output the DTD in the XSLT with
<xslt:text>.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Martin Honnen

Greg Jones wrote:

This may be a simple question but difficult to search on since the
keywords are so generic.

Is there a way, in XSLT, to copy an embedded DTD from the source XML
to the target XML? Using 'match="processing-instruction()"' doesn't
work. I have been forced to simply output the DTD in the XSLT with
<xslt:text>.

As DOCTYPE nodes are not part of the XSLT/XPath data model you can't
copy (or otherwise process) them with XSLT.

Greg Jones

I bet no one reading this is smart enough to write an XSLT extension
to handle embedded DTDs...

I dare you...

;-)

ps - thanks for the confirmation!