Copy file from another server to local server

LiveCycle

Hi,

I'm writing a web service, and, as part of its function, I want it to copy a
file from a remote server and place that file on the local web server under
another name. However, I always get Access Denied, whatever I try. I even
tried making the Anonymous user for the web service the system administrator
(with the correct password), to no avail. I also tried sharing out the
folder I'm pulling files from to allow access from Everyone. Can I use UNC
paths at all? When I try mapping a drive to that folder, it tells me Could
not find a part of the path "N:\test.txt" - presumably it doesn't find that
drive mapping.

Any tips or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the web service account (app pool on 2003) should be a domain account with
network permissions. the local system account does not have network access.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

LiveCycle

I should be clearer: I'm running Win2K. I tried changing the Anonymous User
Account (under Directory Security) for the virtual directory the web service
is located in to the Domain Admin account, and it still doesn't work. Am I
looking in the wrong place?