copy file from Novell server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Grey, May 4, 2005.

  1. Grey

    Grey Guest

    I have a ASP.NET web application which is required to copy file from windows
    server to Novell Netware server. I have used impersonation to connect to
    Netware server. The application works fine when the web server installed
    Novell Client for Windows, but it has error when changed to another web
    server which is installed Client Services for Netware (windows built-in
    Novell connector).

    The error is "System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found. at
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at
    System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName,
    Boolean overwrite) at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String
    destFileName) at WebApplication2.WebForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender,
    EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapplication2\webform1.aspx. cs:line
    72.

    The web server is MS Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6.0. I have changed the
    application pool to "local system". However, I can browse the folders and
    file of Novell Netware server in Windows Explorer for those two Novell
    connector. I want to know that what is the different between Novell Client
    for Windows and Client Services for Netware. I am quite sure that the
    problem is in Novell Connector. But the server must use Client Services for
    Netware installer. any workaround??

    Million thanks

    Grey, May 4, 2005