    The idea is when an editor changes these tagged words (with
    Contribute2), it will also change in the title tags of a page.

    Any ideas??

    chris, Jan 1, 2004

  2. If you are using tags throughout the "text," perhaps you could consider
    using an XML parser (MSXML) and get the value of contribute2 tag. I think
    this is the best way.

    Otherwise, you have to do a text search for the tag and retrieve the value
    between tags -- use InStr/Mid function.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Jan 1, 2004

  3. chris

    Brynn Guest

    I am missing what you are saying, but would like to help ... is the
    user going to be changing the title of the page? ... or when does the
    title change exactly.

    On 1 Jan 2004 09:45:24 -0800, (chris) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I need some asp which I can use to put between some words within the
    >body of a page which takes these words and places them inbetween the
    >title tags.
    >
    >The idea is when an editor changes these tagged words (with
    >Contribute2), it will also change in the title tags of a page.
    >
    >Any ideas??

    ;)

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    Brynn, Jan 3, 2004
  4. chris

    chris Guest

    (Brynn) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am missing what you are saying, but would like to help ... is the
    > user going to be changing the title of the page? ... or when does the
    > title change exactly.
    >

    > On 1 Jan 2004 09:45:24 -0800, (chris) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I need some asp which I can use to put between some words within the
    > >body of a page which takes these words and places them inbetween the
    > >title tags.
    > >
    > >The idea is when an editor changes these tagged words (with
    > >Contribute2), it will also change in the title tags of a page.
    > >
    > >Any ideas??

    > ;)
    >
    > Brynn
    > www.coolpier.com

    ------------------------------

    Ok,

    The pages are made as templates so the authors can only alter two
    areas of a page, the page headline which apears in the body as an H2
    tag, and the main content area.

    When the headline of the page is changed by the author I need the
    title tag to also be updated at the same time but the author has no
    access to the title tags.

    So,,,,,

    If some asp script could go around the headline on the page, then what
    ever is put in it by the author should then appear within the title
    tags..

    Hope this helps

    chris, Jan 4, 2004
  5. chris

    Roland Hall Guest

    "chris" wrote:
    : > >I need some asp which I can use to put between some words within the
    : > >body of a page which takes these words and places them inbetween the
    : > >title tags.
    : > >
    : > >The idea is when an editor changes these tagged words (with
    : > >Contribute2), it will also change in the title tags of a page.
    : > >
    : > >Any ideas??
    :
    : Ok,
    :
    : The pages are made as templates so the authors can only alter two
    : areas of a page, the page headline which appears in the body as an H2
    : tag, and the main content area.
    :
    : When the headline of the page is changed by the author I need the
    : title tag to also be updated at the same time but the author has no
    : access to the title tags.
    :
    : So,,,,,
    :
    : If some asp script could go around the headline on the page, then what
    : ever is put in it by the author should then appear within the title
    : tags..

    See if this is what you're looking to do:

    Option 1:
    Note: Once you click the item to edit, you have to press ENTER to save the
    changes. Do not click outside the text box before pressing ENTER to save
    your changes or it freaks out.
    http://rockintheplanet.com/lab/titlepage.asp

    This is the ASP code you can't see that goes at the top of the page:

    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <% Option Explicit
    dim headline
    headline = "CLICK ME TO EDIT"
    %>

    Option 2:
    This is possibly an IE only solution using contentEditable...
    Instructions are on the page:
    http://rockintheplanet.com/lab/titlepage.html

    --
    Roland

    This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
    or fitness for a particular purpose.

    -Technet Script Center-
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp
    -MSDN Library-
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

    Roland Hall, Jan 4, 2004
  6. chris

    chris Guest

    The second option does just the job, you a giant amongst men sir...

    Chris

    chris, Jan 5, 2004
  7. chris

    Roland Hall Guest

    "chris" wrote:
    : The second option does just the job, you a giant amongst men sir...

    I'm only 6'1". (O:=

    Glad I could help.

    --
    Roland

    This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
    or fitness for a particular purpose.
    -Technet Knowledge Base-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0

    Roland Hall, Jan 5, 2004