copy from body into title

chris

Hi,

I need some asp which I can use to put between some words within the
body of a page which takes these words and places them inbetween the
title tags.

The idea is when an editor changes these tagged words (with
Contribute2), it will also change in the title tags of a page.

Any ideas??

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

If you are using tags throughout the "text," perhaps you could consider
using an XML parser (MSXML) and get the value of contribute2 tag. I think
this is the best way.

Otherwise, you have to do a text search for the tag and retrieve the value
between tags -- use InStr/Mid function.

Brynn

I am missing what you are saying, but would like to help ... is the
user going to be changing the title of the page? ... or when does the
title change exactly.

Hi,

I need some asp which I can use to put between some words within the
body of a page which takes these words and places them inbetween the
title tags.

The idea is when an editor changes these tagged words (with
Contribute2), it will also change in the title tags of a page.

Any ideas??

;)

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

chris

I am missing what you are saying, but would like to help ... is the
user going to be changing the title of the page? ... or when does the
title change exactly.

;)

Brynn
www.coolpier.com
------------------------------

Ok,

The pages are made as templates so the authors can only alter two
areas of a page, the page headline which apears in the body as an H2
tag, and the main content area.

When the headline of the page is changed by the author I need the
title tag to also be updated at the same time but the author has no
access to the title tags.

So,,,,,

If some asp script could go around the headline on the page, then what
ever is put in it by the author should then appear within the title
tags..

Hope this helps

Roland Hall

:
: > >I need some asp which I can use to put between some words within the
: > >body of a page which takes these words and places them inbetween the
: > >title tags.
: > >
: > >The idea is when an editor changes these tagged words (with
: > >Contribute2), it will also change in the title tags of a page.
: > >
: > >Any ideas??
:
: Ok,
:
: The pages are made as templates so the authors can only alter two
: areas of a page, the page headline which appears in the body as an H2
: tag, and the main content area.
:
: When the headline of the page is changed by the author I need the
: title tag to also be updated at the same time but the author has no
: access to the title tags.
:
: So,,,,,
:
: If some asp script could go around the headline on the page, then what
: ever is put in it by the author should then appear within the title
: tags..

See if this is what you're looking to do:

Option 1:
Note: Once you click the item to edit, you have to press ENTER to save the
changes. Do not click outside the text box before pressing ENTER to save
your changes or it freaks out.
http://rockintheplanet.com/lab/titlepage.asp

This is the ASP code you can't see that goes at the top of the page:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<% Option Explicit
dim headline
headline = "CLICK ME TO EDIT"
%>

Option 2:
This is possibly an IE only solution using contentEditable...
Instructions are on the page:
http://rockintheplanet.com/lab/titlepage.html

--
Roland

This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
or fitness for a particular purpose.

-Technet Script Center-
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp
-MSDN Library-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

Roland Hall

:
: The second option does just the job, you a giant amongst men sir...

I'm only 6'1". (O:=

Glad I could help.

--
Roland

This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
or fitness for a particular purpose.
-Technet Knowledge Base-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0