copy paste deployment

neubs007

I'm running an asp.net application on my local machine (xp) and on a
server(2003). I have a lable that I set in the aspx.cs file. like

lblMessage.Text = "my message";

Everything works great until I go into the aspx.cs file and change
that line with notepad, to say "my new message". I open the
application on my localhost and it doesn't read the new line. I
restart the computer and it still reads the "my message". It
continues to read "my message" until I hit play in vs. then it
changes.

THe problem is when I copy the aspx & aspx.cs file to the web server I
don't have the chance to do that since I don;t have vs installed.

I put info in the aspx page header so it won't cache. I also set the
virtual directory in iis to expire immediately.

What am I missing?

bruce barker

you are completly confused.

if you use the vs model, all the codebehind (*.cs) are compiled into a dll,
which you deploy on the website (in the bin folder). thus, if you edit a
codebehind file, and don't recompile the dll, no effect is seen on the
website.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)