Copy selected PDF files from ASP page into clipboard & paste it in outlook. How?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by tabonni, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. tabonni

    tabonni Guest

    Hi all

    I want to create an ASP page, which can copy the real PDF files into
    the clipboard and then the user can paste it in Outlook message as
    attachments(it's like inserting attachments)

    My idea is: When user checked the checkboxes for the requested PDF
    files from ASP page and press the "Add To Clipboard" button, all
    requested PDF files will be copied into clipboard. Then, the user open
    MS outlook message and right click -> Paste all PDF files as
    attachments.

    But, my code is just can copy the filepaths into clipboard not the
    REAL PDF FILES. How can I copy the REAL PDF FILES?

    Here is my code:

    <head>
    <title></title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function checks() {
    var form = document.form1;
    var myFiles = "";

    for (var i=0; i<form.files.length; i++) {
    if (form.files.checked) {
    myFiles +=form.files.value;
    alert("Clipboard Data =\n" + myFiles);
    window.clipboardData.setData("Text", myFiles)
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    <form name="form1">
    file1
    file2
    file3
    </form>

    Thanks
    tabonni, Sep 5, 2004

  2. tabonni

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 5 Sep 2004 03:15:07 -0700, (tabonni) wrote:

    >I want to create an ASP page, which can copy the real PDF files into
    >the clipboard and then the user can paste it in Outlook message as
    >attachments(it's like inserting attachments)

    ASP is server side, your clipboard is client-side. It can't be done.
    Try a client-side techniology group and you may find a method to work
    for you.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 5, 2004