    doesn't find the application in the directory : webapplication1.

    How can I copy applications between 2 computers ?

    Thanks :)

    John M, May 25, 2005

  2. The web applications are in completely different places. If you have a web
    application, your best bet is to either make an installer, or to try to
    publish the web project using the copy project command in VS.Net. The copy
    project probably won't work as the destination's firewall may block it, or
    the destination's internet provider. If you don't want to run an installer,
    you can also simply copy the entire web application, which is under the
    inetpub\wwwroot directory by default over to the other computer's
    inetpub\wwwroot directory. You'll need to have it adjust permissions on the
    other computer so that the ASP.Net account and IUSR account have proper
    privaleges.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Mark Fitzpatrick, May 26, 2005

  3. John M

    clintonG Guest

    Use Windows Explorer to file copy theApplication from IIS1 to IIS2. I am
    assuming theApplication will be copied to c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\theApplication.

    Use MMC on IIS2 to configure theApplication as a virtual application.

    Use Windows Explorer to log to theApplication directory.
    Now I may get the next part confused a bit but the point is you have to edit
    the files in the VS project files.

    So start by dragging the .sln file into Notepad and edit any file paths to
    point to theApplication. Do the same with the .csproj.user file and the
    ..csproj file.

    Double click the .sln file and it should load into Visual Studio and run
    without errors related to migrating from one box to another. The only caveat
    I am learning may be relevant is the fact that theApplication may have used
    the GAC on IIS1 in which case the same circumstances will have to be
    replicated with the GAC on IIS2.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

    clintonG, May 26, 2005
  4. John M

    John M Guest

    I am using VB .NET, so what shall I do instead of .csproj.user and .csproj

    Thanks :)

    John M, May 26, 2005