copy WebForm changing name

G. Dean Blake

In a ASP.NET Visual Studio project I have a webform named FinResults_AR.aspx
and its associated vb and resx files. I want to copy and rename to
FinResults_GL so that I have an exact duplicate except by a different name.

What is the easiest way in which to do this?
Thanks,

Raterus

Probably the easiest way is to create a new webform with this name, and simply copy/paste the aspx code/codebehind.

Or you could copy the file in windows explorer, and add the "existing" file to the project.

G. Dean Blake

that what I was afraid of, copy resx, vb, html, change all the names. I
have to do a bunch of them. I was hoping that Visual Studio.net had some
feature that would do that grunt work for me.
thanks,

Probably the easiest way is to create a new webform with this name, and
simply copy/paste the aspx code/codebehind.

Or you could copy the file in windows explorer, and add the "existing" file
to the project.

Raterus

you could also try editing your project file VS creates, it's just plaintext, and contains the file locations, you can add a new file there (at least I think it would work). Just make all the copies in windows explorer, and do a cut/paste of the old files in the proj fill and rename them (hopefully using a nice find/replace)