Copy Website or Publish???

Guest

Hi all, i am in a fix. Should i use the copy website option to deploy or
publish. I know that publish precompiles the code (which might make it
faster) but, it strips out the code. So how do i retain the code and publish
the website? Do i have to have a copy of the code for my application
somewhere before publishing?

In 2003, we could just do a build and copy the .dll to the production
server. How do i accomplish this in 2005?

Thanks

Guest

Thanks. I will take a look at it.

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP said:
You might want to take a look at this for building a .dll.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]