copying a datatable content from an untyped dataset into a table which is inside a typed dataset

Nedu N

Hi Techies,

I am facing problem in copying content of table from a untyped dataset into
to a table inside the typed dataset. I wanted to copy the data into typed
dataset in order to ease the further processing using typed references.

DataSet ds = getDataFromDB(); - i am getting the dataset ds from a
webservice

I have got MyXSD which decsribes the shcema for the table which i am getting
from the webservice
and i am trying to cast like following
MyXSD myds = (MyXSD)ds; ==> but giving me invalid exception error

And i tried copying the table from ds into myds like
myds.Tables[0] = ds.Tables[0];

but it is giving me error saying myds.Tables[0] is READ ONLY....

I tried ImportRow also but getting errors and i don't want to manually go
thru the rows and put into my Typed dataset..

Thanks for your help.

Nedu

Nedu N

Hi All,
[...]

Cor

Hi Nedu,
myds.Tables[0] = ds.Tables[0];

I dont believe this can work.
It seems if you want to add a table without his scheme on a already (or not)
existing place.

But maybe you just mean?
myds=ds.copy;

Cor