    Thanks in advance
    Yogi
    , Jan 10, 2006

  2. Dan M Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:59:01 -0800, muttu2244 wrote:

    > hi all
    >
    > could anybody please tell me how can i copy a file from windows file
    > systems like FAT12, FAT16,FAT32 and NTFS to EXT2, and EXT3.
    > Is their any function in python that we can do the above
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Yogi

    I'm sure more experienced hands will add comments here, but I believe
    that's strictly dependent upon having the correct filesystem drivers
    available on the system in question. Once you've mounted a Windows-type
    file system on Linux you can manipulate the files that live there just as
    if they were created on a real OS :)

    Dan
    Dan M, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Larry Bates Guest

    wrote:
    > hi all
    >
    > could anybody please tell me how can i copy a file from windows file
    > systems like FAT12, FAT16,FAT32 and NTFS to EXT2, and EXT3.
    > Is their any function in python that we can do the above
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Yogi

    I suspect that you are going to need to supply more information to
    get a good answer.

    1) Which platform is the python program running on Windows/Linux?

    2) If Linux, how is the FAT (or NTFS) partition mounted (smbclient)?

    3) If Windows, you can ftp the file to the Linux partition (see Python
    ftplib) or use SAMBA to expose a share to the Windows machine and just
    copy the file (with or without Python).

    HTH,
    Larry
    Larry Bates, Jan 11, 2006