copying a file from windows file system to ext2 and ext3

muttu2244

hi all

could anybody please tell me how can i copy a file from windows file
systems like FAT12, FAT16,FAT32 and NTFS to EXT2, and EXT3.
Is their any function in python that we can do the above

Thanks in advance
Yogi

Dan M

hi all

could anybody please tell me how can i copy a file from windows file
systems like FAT12, FAT16,FAT32 and NTFS to EXT2, and EXT3.
Is their any function in python that we can do the above

Thanks in advance
Yogi

I'm sure more experienced hands will add comments here, but I believe
that's strictly dependent upon having the correct filesystem drivers
available on the system in question. Once you've mounted a Windows-type
file system on Linux you can manipulate the files that live there just as
if they were created on a real OS :)

Dan

Larry Bates

hi all

could anybody please tell me how can i copy a file from windows file
systems like FAT12, FAT16,FAT32 and NTFS to EXT2, and EXT3.
Is their any function in python that we can do the above

Thanks in advance
Yogi
I suspect that you are going to need to supply more information to
get a good answer.

1) Which platform is the python program running on Windows/Linux?

2) If Linux, how is the FAT (or NTFS) partition mounted (smbclient)?

3) If Windows, you can ftp the file to the Linux partition (see Python
ftplib) or use SAMBA to expose a share to the Windows machine and just
copy the file (with or without Python).

HTH,
Larry