Copying files between solutions

postings

Hi

I'm a little confused. I've deployed my ASP.NET project by using
the "copy project" feature of VS2003. Works fine.
I'm stuck however in copying individual files to the deployed
solution.

I've tried copying on a file with one instance of VS2003 with a
solution, and pasting into another instance of VS2003 with the deployed
solution loaded (using the right click method). If I do this I get an
error message "The source files for this operation cannot be found in
this solution".... But I'm pretty sure they are all there!

I've tried adding a project to an existing solution, and pasting
between projects under a single instance of VS2003. This will work, but
every time I compile I will get a long list of namespace errors (as
there are two identical projects will be sharing the same namespace is
this scenario).

Could somebody please advise on how to do copy individual files between
two similar solutions using VS2003?

Many thanks!

Alex