Copying Files From Server to Server

Sarah

Hi,
Can someone please tell me if there's a way to copy image files from
one server to another using ASP and FSO? Or perhaps some other way
to do it?

I'm trying to collect information on books, and want to have a picture
of the book associated with the description, but I want to be nice and
host the pictures myself, not just link to other people's pictures.

Is there a way to do this? Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,

-sarah

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

At first I thought you were talking about copying files from serverA to
serverB on the same LAN. But then you mentioned hot-linking. So, you're
trying to get files from other sites? While, yes, you could do this
programatically (not with FSO), but with doing so within an ASP page at
runtime, you'll still be leaching those images from those other sites. But,
instead of the client requesting the images, your server will be. Unless
you want to download them and save them to the file system on your server,
in which case, I suggest just going and doing it manually instead of coding
a page to do it.

Ray at work