Copying Files via HTTPS

Aaron Masten

Is there any way to force traffic from a particular Class C IP Subnet to the
Cluster Controller. The main reason I am asking is that we have a custom
ASP.NET Application that is hosted on the a Microsoft Application Center
2000 SP2 Cluster running on Windows Server 2003. This application uploads
new content and articles to another ASP.NET Website that is also hosted on
the cluster. We need to ensure that all files are uploaded to the cluster
controller for proper replication. In the WEB.CONFIG file we tried using a
UNC Name \\ServerName\Sharename for the FileSavePath Variable that controls
the upload directory location. This does not work and we are only able to
use a Local Path C:\foldername...

Have you ever ran into this issue and do you know of any workarounds. .

Thanks

Aaron Masten

Lau Lei Cheong

I believe you can map the network location to local(e.g.: V:) in order to do
so. Just make sure the ASPNET/NetworkService account have appropiate right
for write content to the volume.