    so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.

    i hope i am explaining myself clearly

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Jeff

    Evertjan. Guest

    Jeff wrote on 30 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Is there a way, to make a page that gets info from a DB using scripting.
    > then take that page, and copy it to another folder, BUT, not having the
    > script there. making it become all html?
    > so the page would contain html, but would be the result of what was
    > scripted.
    >
    > so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.
    >
    > i hope i am explaining myself clearly

    You can try serverside datamining via the web of your own page,
    in that's what you mean.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jan 30, 2006

  3. Jeff wrote:
    > Is there a way, to make a page that gets info from a DB using
    > scripting. then take that page, and copy it to another folder, BUT,
    > not having the script there. making it become all html?
    > so the page would contain html, but would be the result of what was
    > scripted.
    >
    > so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.
    >
    > i hope i am explaining myself clearly
    >
    > Jeff

    1. Create the page that generates the html from the database info
    2. Create another page that uses ServerXMLHTTP to run the first page, saving
    the ResponseText into a variable, whose contents are subsequently written
    into a file using a FileSystemObject.

    Do a search at www.aspfaq.com for articles relating to these terms.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 30, 2006
  4. Jeff

    Evertjan. Guest

    Jeff wrote on 30 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > not sure what you mean by datamining. guess i will have to cearch that

    Bob writes the same in his parallel posting but is as usual more explicit.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jan 30, 2006
  5. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    > Jeff wrote on 30 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >> Is there a way, to make a page that gets info from a DB using scripting.
    >> then take that page, and copy it to another folder, BUT, not having the
    >> script there. making it become all html?
    >> so the page would contain html, but would be the result of what was
    >> scripted.
    >>
    >> so i guess i am saying, that the page would become the source.
    >>
    >> i hope i am explaining myself clearly

    > You can try serverside datamining via the web of your own page,
    > in that's what you mean.

    not sure what you mean by datamining. guess i will have to cearch that

    thanks

    Jeff, Jan 30, 2006