Copying value from pop up into field on host page

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Tim Pollard, Nov 25, 2004.

  1. Tim Pollard

    Tim Pollard Guest

    Hi

    I'm hoping a good javascripter can help me out with a problem linking
    a pop up asp page with its 'host' asp page.

    I have a form which displays and updates a table of projects in an
    Access DB, including details of the project manager, updated in the
    project table with details of their personID.

    To reassign the project to a different person I have created a popup
    list of people (based on the people table), of which there are many
    hundreds, categorised by the first letter of their surname, and
    including their PersonID.

    At the moment the user has to cut & paste the appropriate personID
    from the popup person picker into the main table.

    Is it possible to link the two with javascript such that clicking on a
    link in the popup copies its personID value into the personID form
    field on the main form?

    I know how to do this when the link is on the same page, just not when
    it is on a different one.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    Tim

    Tim Pollard, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Tim Pollard

    Lee Guest

    Tim Pollard said:

    >Is it possible to link the two with javascript such that clicking on a
    >link in the popup copies its personID value into the personID form
    >field on the main form?
    >
    >I know how to do this when the link is on the same page, just not when
    >it is on a different one.

    opener.document.myForm.myElement.value=thisValue;

    Lee, Nov 25, 2004