Copyright

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

All that doesn't matter *if* the image is just a simple, basically
uncustomized map.
In my opinion,
it is customized.
It even displays motorways
Even, the statement in Italian seems to suggest that it is customized,
anyway.
Then, if it had not been the case, it would have been unusual to talk about
disposed rights..
And companies producing Atlas could get in trouble if their Atlas would not
be copyrighted, would they not?
Or do you suggest that Atlas are not?

However, if there are lay-ins of little villas dotted
around the countryside or something of that nature specifically related
to your enterprise, you may have a case. Even so, trying to bring legal
action into such matters can be pretty futile, especially if you're not
willing to spend more than you can possibly gain.

Of course, I am not interested to spend more money than I can possibly gain.
But it would be interesting to know why EU and USA are interested in the
protection of copyrights in China, then...

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
"Neredbojias" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
news:[email protected]...
Then, if it had not been the case, it would have been unusual to talk about
disposed rights..
And companies producing Atlas could get in trouble if their Atlas would not
be copyrighted, would they not?

And companies producing Atlas could get in trouble if their Atlas would not
be copyrighted, could they not?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

Hywel Jenkins said:
It's a search result. That's what Google does - it makes search
results. Are you bothered that they've indexed the text of your site,
too? Are you going to go after every other search engine that shows
your images?

--

Please do not misunderstand me. Please compare the way Google treated my
image and the way it treated other images!!

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(? ????????? ?? ? ???? ? ?????? )
(?? ???? , ?? ? ? ? ??)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
In my opinion,
it is customized.
It even displays motorways
Even, the statement in Italian seems to suggest that it is customized,
anyway.
Then, if it had not been the case, it would have been unusual to talk about
disposed rights..
And companies producing Atlas could get in trouble if their Atlas would not
be copyrighted, would they not?
Or do you suggest that Atlas are not?

Let me put it this way: if I installed a photo of part of an Atlas map
on my website, -say to indicate the location of the Neredbojias Castle,
how much trouble *would I* get into? If I put up a photo of Pres.
Georgy that Fiorello The Fellah took and copyrighted and "published" on
Yahoo, ditto? And if I included a, say, size-reduced version of your
map in the prospective section of my site tentatively-entitled
"Diminished Wonders of the Western World", would I really worry over
either the ethics or morals of such an insertion *or* its obscure and
distant consequences?

Now, if I took your map and tried to sell it, either online or in
hardcopy form, I could be accountable under US statute so-and-so which
loosely states "Do not sell other people's stuff."
However, if there are lay-ins of little villas dotted

Of course, I am not interested to spend more money than I can possibly gain.
But it would be interesting to know why EU and USA are interested in the
protection of copyrights in China, then...

I do not pretend to know the typical political mind other than that
self-interest is by-and-large its main purpose.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

Let me put it this way: if I installed a photo of part of an Atlas map
on my website, -say to indicate the location of the Neredbojias Castle,
how much trouble *would I* get into? If I put up a photo of Pres.
Georgy that Fiorello The Fellah took and copyrighted and "published" on
Yahoo, ditto? And if I included a, say, size-reduced version of your
map in the prospective section of my site tentatively-entitled
"Diminished Wonders of the Western World", would I really worry over
either the ethics or morals of such an insertion *or* its obscure and
distant consequences?

May-be you would not worry about it but that would not necessarily mean that
it would be legal.
Now, if I took your map and tried to sell it, either online or in
hardcopy form, I could be accountable under US statute so-and-so which
loosely states "Do not sell other people's stuff."
Ok.

I do not pretend to know the typical political mind other than that
self-interest is by-and-large its main purpose.

I could not exclude this possibility.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)

the idiot

Hywel Jenkins said:
That's irrelevant. If I take a photograph of you, I own the copyright
to that photo even though it's of your face.
for sure, but more than likely you would have asked my permission.
if youd taken it without my consent then matters would be different if you
tried to use it.
anyway, did whoever originally made the map ask for permission?

dorayme

From: Hywel Jenkins said:
That's irrelevant. If I take a photograph of you, I own the copyright
to that photo even though it's of your face.

Haven't been following this thread... could it be true that
Luigi has his own satellite? Has he made any claims about this
that I have missed? I am dying to know...

dorayme

:)

dorayme

From: Hywel Jenkins said:
It's a search result. That's what Google does - it makes search
results. Are you bothered that they've indexed the text of your site,
too? Are you going to go after every other search engine that shows
your images?

While freedom is a very important thing, I must say, I can
understand that Luigi, with his concerns over security, might
very well not be happy that just anyone can know everything
about his site...

For what it is worth, Luigi, I think you should sue. Get the
best legal team you can together and go for their jugulars. If
you win, there is a chance you will get your costs back. I have
contacted a publisher and am arranging a film, a sort of Grisham
type number of the story that will result...

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero

the idiot said:
for sure, but more than likely you would have asked my permission.
if youd taken it without my consent then matters would be different if you
tried to use it.
anyway, did whoever originally made the map ask for permission?

To take a picture of a person and publish it you must ask the person you
want to picture for permission because the photo is considered as personal
information about the person who is photographed.
Those who sold the map have a VAT number and I would be surprised if they
had done something without a permission if a permission had been necessary.
But, again map of countries are no personal information......
You, on the other side, did not even write your real name...

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)

the idiot

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
the idiot said:
Hywel Jenkins said:
To take a picture of a person and publish it you must ask the person you
want to picture for permission because the photo is considered as personal
information about the person who is photographed.
Those who sold the map have a VAT number and I would be surprised if they
had done something without a permission if a permission had been necessary.
But, again map of countries are no personal information......
You, on the other side, did not even write your real name...
my moniker suits me i think you will agree.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
While freedom is a very important thing, I must say, I can
understand that Luigi, with his concerns over security, might
very well not be happy that just anyone can know everything
about his site...

This is not the only problem, you know.
I am considering to create a section which is available only to registered
users
But as I may already said, they have already removed the map of Italy.
The problem, now, is more to prevent such events from happening in future.

For what it is worth, Luigi, I think you should sue. Get the
best legal team you can together and go for their jugulars.
Although they did something which they had not to, they still removed the
map quite quickly after I had got in touch with them.
I appreciated that they removed it quickly.
Under the circumstances the most important thing is to try and prevent this
from happening in future.
Does Google really want to keep page not updated in its registry with links
showing a map which is not longer on their site?
We shall see.

you win, there is a chance you will get your costs back. I have
contacted a publisher and am arranging a film, a sort of Grisham
type number of the story that will result...

dorayme

No comment

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
May-be you would not worry about it but that would not necessarily mean that
it would be legal.

So? What do you think I am, a saint? Personally, I think anything on
the web should be available to anyone for any use except making a profit
in the strictest sense. The Web is now free and I hope it remains so
for a long time.

the idiot

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
This is not the only problem, you know.
I am considering to create a section which is available only to registered
users
But as I may already said, they have already removed the map of Italy.
The problem, now, is more to prevent such events from happening in future.

Although they did something which they had not to, they still removed the
map quite quickly after I had got in touch with them.
I appreciated that they removed it quickly.
Under the circumstances the most important thing is to try and prevent this
from happening in future.
Does Google really want to keep page not updated in its registry with links
showing a map which is not longer on their site?
We shall see.
are you saying google has removed it?
because unless im really losing it (and the rum is strong so it is a
possiblity)
the map is still on google i am looking at it right now
bottom left ITALY.gif
300 x 328 pixlar - 25k

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
While freedom is a very important thing, I must say, I can
understand that Luigi, with his concerns over security, might
very well not be happy that just anyone can know everything
about his site...

For what it is worth, Luigi, I think you should sue.

The first requirement of a lawsuit is not a matter of primal justice,
it's establishing you've suffered a loss and determining the amount of
that loss. So how much did Luigi lose over the Incident of the
Purloined Map?
Get the
best legal team you can together and go for their jugulars. If
you win, there is a chance you will get your costs back. I have
contacted a publisher and am arranging a film, a sort of Grisham
type number of the story that will result...

You are an instigator. Luigi responded very sensibly by stating that
his main concern was preventing similar events from happening in the
future.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

So? What do you think I am, a saint?

Did I say that?

Personally, I think anything on
the web should be available to anyone for any use except making a profit
in the strictest sense. The Web is now free

I suppose you have to ask for permission in Sweden to use a photo for
example, even if you have a private homepage, unless it is specified
otherwise on the website.

and I hope it remains so
for a long time.

But laws are generally not decided only by one person, are they?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)

Luigi Donatello Asero

the idiot said:
[cut]
Does Google really want to keep page not updated in its registry with links
showing a map which is not longer on their site?
We shall see.
are you saying google has removed it?

No, those or that who are respnsible for the website on which the map had
been loaded without permission
( I did not write which website I am talking about but could guess yourself
looking at the results..)
removed the map of Italy ( I have more than one) which was on their website.
However, the link from Google to their site is still there and the link
itself shows a smaller picture of the map
because unless im really losing it (and the rum is strong so it is a
possiblity)
the map is still on google i am looking at it right now
bottom left ITALY.gif
300 x 328 pixlar - 25k

This is another map which my one-man business also has rights to and it is
on Google. The problem with this map is that there is no URL.
As far as I remember, they had written the adress before in the form
https://...../sv/ .. and so on.
This form does not say which website the photo belongs to, so I think that
it would be better
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/....
if they do not have enough space.
So, what happens was that someone (Arne, I think) suggested me to lose the
problem that I would ask Google to remove the picture by inserting it in the
robots.txt file and that was what I did but it should take 48 hours, I
think.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)

the idiot

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
the idiot said:
[cut]
Does Google really want to keep page not updated in its registry with links
showing a map which is not longer on their site?
We shall see.
are you saying google has removed it?

No, those or that who are respnsible for the website on which the map had
been loaded without permission
( I did not write which website I am talking about but could guess yourself
looking at the results..)
removed the map of Italy ( I have more than one) which was on their website.
However, the link from Google to their site is still there and the link
itself shows a smaller picture of the map

ahh my mistake.

Luigi Donatello Asero

the idiot said:
Luigi Donatello Asero said:
the idiot said:
[cut]

Does Google really want to keep page not updated in its registry with
links
showing a map which is not longer on their site?
We shall see.

are you saying google has removed it?

No, those or that who are respnsible for the website on which the map had
been loaded without permission
( I did not write which website I am talking about but could guess yourself
looking at the results..)
removed the map of Italy ( I have more than one) which was on their website.
However, the link from Google to their site is still there and the link
itself shows a smaller picture of the map

ahh my mistake.
May I ask you what "karoo" stand for?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
May I ask you what "karoo" stand for?

stands for?