Core dump with string functions

Generic Usenet Account

My apologies if you think this question is OT.

My debugger (gdb 6.3) is erratically crashing in some in-house
functions that use the string API. I have posted the code to
comp.sources.d

The code appears to be okay to me. Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Song

red floyd

Generic said:
My apologies if you think this question is OT.

It is.
My debugger (gdb 6.3) is erratically crashing in some in-house
functions that use the string API. I have posted the code to
comp.sources.d

Assuming your code is C++ code, try gnu.g++.help, or possibly gnu.gdb.bugs.

Victor Bazarov

Generic said:
My apologies if you think this question is OT.

My debugger (gdb 6.3) is erratically crashing in some in-house
functions that use the string API. I have posted the code to
comp.sources.d

Please post the code _inline_ (in your post) if you want to share it
with the readers of c.l.c++. Don't ask us to go to some other NG to
collect your source files.

Consider posting your GNU tools questions to 'gnu.*' NG hierarchy.

Nimmi Srivastav

Generic said:
My apologies if you think this question is OT.

My debugger (gdb 6.3) is erratically crashing in some in-house
functions that use the string API. I have posted the code to
comp.sources.d

The code appears to be okay to me. Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Song

Code looks okay. I would suggest a clean build. On more occasion than
one, that has worked wonders for me.

NS

w_erasm

Generic said:
My apologies if you think this question is OT.

My debugger (gdb 6.3) is erratically crashing in some in-house
functions that use the string API. I have posted the code to
comp.sources.d

Do you have more than one context/thread involved?

Regards,