From: Joe Van Dyk <[email protected]>
Subject: core dump
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 04:55:08 +0900
figure out why? I have a core dump, but don't have much experience
debugging those.

First of all, please try to the latest version of tcltklib on CVS.
If you use Ruby 1.8 or 1.9, I think that you'll be able to
replace only tcltklib.c (and stubs.c) to the latest version(s).

If you get SEGV on the latest also, please report the followings.
* Ruby version:
return value of "ruby -v"

* Compile information of tcltklib
return value of "ruby -r tcltklib -e 'p TclTkLib::COMPILE_INFO"

* Tcl/Tk library version:
return value of "ruby -r tk -e 'p Tk::TK_PATCHLEVEL"

* pthread support on Ruby:
For example on linux, does "ldd /usr/local/bin/ruby" include
libpthread.so ?

* thread support on Tcl/Tk libraries:
For example on linux, does "ldd /usr/local/lib/libtcl8.4.so"
include libpthread.so ?

* release date of tcltklib:
return value of "ruby -r tcltklib -e 'p TclTkLib::RELEASE_DATE'

* release date of tkutil:
return value of "ruby -r tkutil -e 'p TkUtil::RELEASE_DATE'

* release date of tk:
return value of "ruby -r tkutil -e 'p Tk::RELEASE_DATE'

* (If you can) the script which raises SEGV

* (If you can) the patch to fix the SEGV trouble ;-)

If you use some Tcl/Tk extensions, please check whether the extensions
are compiled under current Tcl/Tk libraries.
The reason of SEGV sometimes depends on the extensions.
If so, that cannot be fixed on Ruby/Tk side probably.
Please try the latest version of such extensions.