    handle the css just show the content in order without any design? And isn't
    that what usability and all that is all about?

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Dan

    Dan Guest

    One more question.. how do i position the bottom bars and links to be
    relative to top area (the one that say "content here!")..

    so that when i put more content in it.. it will expand lower.. and the items
    under it will just relativly position themselves after it..

    is there a way?

    Dan, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Dan

    brucie Guest

    In post <ZuZeb.20219$>
    Dan said...

    > http://www.micamedia.com/dan/new_index.asp
    > But i was thinking.. once i put content in. won't older browsers that can't
    > handle the css just show the content in order without any design?

    maybe. browsers are supposed to ignore CSS if they don't know what to
    do but they don't. you need to hide the css from problem browsers or
    use those methods to present alternative css.

    hiding CSS from crappy browsers:
    http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/bonus/trick-hide.html
    http://www.w3development.de/css/hide_css_from_browsers/

    > And isn't that what usability and all that is all about?

    no. the last resort is supplying a plain html page but a plain html
    page can still have accessibility/usability problems.

    --
    03/October/2003 07:04:24 am

    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Dan

    brucie Guest

    In post <IBZeb.20234$>
    Dan said...

    > [ http://www.micamedia.com/dan/new_index.asp ]
    > One more question.. how do i position the bottom bars and links to be
    > relative to top area (the one that say "content here!")..

    i have no idea. i had a look at your page in IE6, moz1.4 and opera7.2
    and each browser displayed differently. only opera displayed any text
    "grey purple" which didn't do anything but change color on hover. your
    html and css are also invalid which doesn't help.

    http://validator.w3.org/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    --
    03/October/2003 07:15:53 am

    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Dan

    Dan Guest

    I've been working on it all afternoon.. you might have hit it in one of it's
    development states.. take a look at it now.

    --
    Dan Foley
    Principal Partner - Director of Information Technology

    Dan, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Also i plan on validating .. will start right now..

    --
    Dan Foley

    Dan, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Dan

    Dan Guest

    > your
    > html and css are also invalid which doesn't help.

    They do now!

    Dan, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Dan

    Dan Guest

    ok.. now that i have made my css validate.. i had to take out the "position:
    normal" .. and when i did that.. the width of the 2 .. "div.nav" is longer
    then 100% which it's set at..

    Dan, Oct 2, 2003