Correct Versions to execute Corba calls using omniORBpy and omniORB.

gerald.maher

Hi, I just want to execute a script that used omniORB, omniORBpy
Python,

Here are the version that I Tried, is this correct ?

omniORBpy 2.5
omniORB 4.0.5
Python 2.4.1

The script is below:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
from omniORB import CORBA, PortableServer

# Import the stubs and skeletons for the Example module
import Example, Example__POA

# Define an implementation of the Echo interface
class Echo_i (Example__POA.Echo):
def echoString(self, mesg):
print "echoString() called with message:", mesg
return mesg

# Initialise the ORB
orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)

# Find the root POA
poa = orb.resolve_initial_references("RootPOA")

# Create an instance of Echo_i
ei = Echo_i()

# Create an object reference, and implicitly activate the object
eo = ei._this()

# Activate the POA
poaManager = poa._get_the_POAManager()
poaManager.activate()

# Call the object's echoString() operation

message = "Hello"
result = eo.echoString(message)

print "I said '%s'. The object said '%s'." % (message,result)

What are the correct version i should use ?