correction brings more errors

Discussion in 'HTML' started by thedarkman, Mar 24, 2012.

  1. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    thedarkman, Mar 24, 2012

  2. thedarkman

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:36:17 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote:

    > I added a Doctype to this page
    >
    > http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_mumia.html
    >
    > and corrected an error too. Now instead of 24 errors,
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
    >
    > shows 25. I wondered if it was something to do with the code inserted
    > by the site.

    One thing you can try to determine the source of the errors, is to use the
    validator's "check by file upload" feature.
    Save your page without the banner crap and check it.
    If it's clean, then the error's are from the banner.

    Then, I would suggest you find some other host who knows how to do proper
    coding. Better, get your own domain and forget the banners.
    richard, Mar 24, 2012

  3. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:amgehioqx5yi.1d0scyli8ui23.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:36:17 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote:
    >
    >> I added a Doctype to this page
    >>
    >> http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_mumia.html
    >>
    >> and corrected an error too. Now instead of 24 errors,
    >>
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com%

    2Fram_mumia.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

    >> shows 25. I wondered if it was something to do with the code inserted
    >> by the site.

    > One thing you can try to determine the source of the errors, is to use the
    > validator's "check by file upload" feature.
    > Save your page without the banner crap and check it.
    > If it's clean, then the error's are from the banner.
    >
    > Then, I would suggest you find some other host who knows how to do proper
    > coding. Better, get your own domain and forget the banners.

    LMAO! Richard, changing hosts isn't going to help him. His problem is that *he* doesn't
    know how to do proper coding.
    Doug Miller, Mar 24, 2012
  4. thedarkman

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:41:51 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard <> wrote in news:amgehioqx5yi.1d0scyli8ui23.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    >> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:36:17 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote:
    >>
    >>> I added a Doctype to this page
    >>>
    >>> http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_mumia.html
    >>>
    >>> and corrected an error too. Now instead of 24 errors,
    >>>
    >>> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com%

    > 2Fram_mumia.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
    >>>
    >>> shows 25. I wondered if it was something to do with the code inserted
    >>> by the site.

    >> One thing you can try to determine the source of the errors, is to use the
    >> validator's "check by file upload" feature.
    >> Save your page without the banner crap and check it.
    >> If it's clean, then the error's are from the banner.
    >>
    >> Then, I would suggest you find some other host who knows how to do proper
    >> coding. Better, get your own domain and forget the banners.

    > LMAO! Richard, changing hosts isn't going to help him. His problem is that *he* doesn't
    > know how to do proper coding.

    I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
    He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
    work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
    the errors.

    But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a
    Where do I sign up?
    richard, Mar 25, 2012
  5. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:imu8xrm5zcg3$.11ytba9yk26l3.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
    > He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
    > work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
    > the errors.
    >
    > But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a

    You might want to look at that again.

    Doug Miller, Mar 25, 2012
  6. thedarkman

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 02:57:24 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard <> wrote in news:imu8xrm5zcg3$.11ytba9yk26l3.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    >> I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
    >> He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
    >> work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
    >> the errors.
    >>
    >> But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a

    > You might want to look at that again.
    >
    >>And those guys got paid to do that?
    >> Where do I sign up?

    Still, the div is outside of the <body> where it must be.
    richard, Mar 25, 2012
  7. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:1s0osw6ojiczo.72rhxqu4y3x8$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 02:57:24 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote in news:imu8xrm5zcg3$.11ytba9yk26l3.dlg@
    >> 40tude.net:
    >>
    >>> I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
    >>> He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
    >>> work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
    >>> the errors.
    >>>
    >>> But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a

    >> You might want to look at that again.
    >>
    >>>And those guys got paid to do that?
    >>> Where do I sign up?
    >>>

    > Still, the div is outside of the <body> where it must be.

    Where do you see <body> tags at all?

    Don't blame the hosting company for that mess, though.
    Doug Miller, Mar 25, 2012
  8. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    Hi,

    I own 3 domains, I used to own 5 but never for this one. This is a
    small site dedicated to a particular nasty murder case.

    I've been using 20m.com for some time and it's okay for this purpose.

    Glad though to hear that other people write worse code than me.

    thedarkman, Mar 25, 2012
  9. thedarkman wrote:

    > Glad though to hear that other people write worse code than me.

    That may be so but it won't fix *your* code.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO