correctly embedding or linking a resource file into an assembly

Sanjay Tibrewal

Hello,

I am trying out a piece of code I downloaded from a link on msdn site. It's
a server menu generating control that I tried to add to my custom control
assembly. I was able to compile the assembly which now has multiple server
controls - hence multiple class declarations.

When I use this server menu control on an aspx page and run the application
I get the following error

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the
neutral culture) in the given assembly. Make sure "Menu.resources" was
correctly embedded or linked into assembly "MyCustomControls". baseName:
Menu locationInfo: skmMenu.Menu resource file name: Menu.resources assembly:
MyCustomControls, Version=1.0.1412.32915, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null

Searching through MSDN I found kb article 318603 which tries to resolve
similar problem in a Windows application by trying to reorder class
declaration. Don't quite understand how to apply that to my custom web
controls project where I have couple custom controls at the top level of
project and the menu control is in a folder below the top level. In
alphabetical order the Menu class comes first in my list of controls. I am
using .Net 1.0.

Am looking for help/suggestions on how to get around this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay.