"Corrupt JPEG data" messages with Dreamweaver

faerber.jan

Using DW:
Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista PC
with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before I
dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into the
WYSIWYG area in the left.
The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of that
massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html ) and I have
to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can start doing
anything. And then everything works normal.

I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with that
edition.

What is the problem here?

Neredbojias

[...]

Somewhere along the line one of the programs is saving them wrong.

Neredbojias

A programm can spoil a jpg-file? So that DW shouts "autch"?

Isn't this the oooooold thread where an image with jpg extension turned
out to be a gif file or something like that?

Anyway, yes, some programs can corrupt or mis-save files with a wrong
extension sometimes. If I'm in doubt, I use Irfanview's "Information"
function to identify the image file-type. >

Jan Faerber

Neredbojias said:
Anyway, yes, some programs can corrupt or mis-save files with a wrong
extension sometimes. If I'm in doubt, I use Irfanview's "Information"
function to identify the image file-type. >

Ah yes, Irfan View - I think a student from Vienna's technical
university wrote that freeware. Ok - anyway, I stop it now because its
not right the html context.

Thank you - I will check it out.