    edition.

    What is the problem here?
    , Sep 12, 2008

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    On 11 Sep 2008, wrote:

    > Using DW:
    > Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
    > http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
    > I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista PC
    > with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before I
    > dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into the
    > WYSIWYG area in the left.
    > The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
    > marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
    > And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of that
    > massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html ) and I have
    > to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can start doing
    > anything. And then everything works normal.
    >
    > I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with that
    > edition.
    >
    > What is the problem here?

    Somewhere along the line one of the programs is saving them wrong.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/ http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Sep 12, 2008

  3. Jan Faerber Guest

    Neredbojias schrieb:
    > On 11 Sep 2008, wrote:
    >
    >> Using DW:
    >> Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
    >> http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
    >> I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista PC
    >> with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before I
    >> dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into the
    >> WYSIWYG area in the left.
    >> The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
    >> marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
    >> And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of that
    >> massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html ) and I have
    >> to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can start doing
    >> anything. And then everything works normal.
    >>
    >> I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with that
    >> edition.
    >>
    >> What is the problem here?

    > Somewhere along the line one of the programs is saving them wrong.

    A programm can spoil a jpg-file? So that DW shouts "autch"?
    Jan Faerber, Sep 22, 2008
  4. Neredbojias Guest

    On 22 Sep 2008, Jan Faerber <> wrote:

    On 22 Sep 2008, Jan Faerber <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias schrieb:
    >> On 11 Sep 2008, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Using DW:
    >>> Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
    >>> http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
    >>> I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista
    >>> PC with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before
    >>> I dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into
    >>> the WYSIWYG area in the left.
    >>> The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
    >>> marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
    >>> And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of
    >>> that massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html )
    >>> and I have to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can
    >>> start doing anything. And then everything works normal.
    >>>
    >>> I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with
    >>> that edition.
    >>>
    >>> What is the problem here?

    >> Somewhere along the line one of the programs is saving them wrong.

    > A programm can spoil a jpg-file? So that DW shouts "autch"?

    Isn't this the oooooold thread where an image with jpg extension turned
    out to be a gif file or something like that?

    Anyway, yes, some programs can corrupt or mis-save files with a wrong
    extension sometimes. If I'm in doubt, I use Irfanview's "Information"
    function to identify the image file-type. >

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Sep 22, 2008
  5. Jan Faerber Guest

    Neredbojias schrieb:

    > Anyway, yes, some programs can corrupt or mis-save files with a wrong
    > extension sometimes. If I'm in doubt, I use Irfanview's "Information"
    > function to identify the image file-type. >

    Ah yes, Irfan View - I think a student from Vienna's technical
    university wrote that freeware. Ok - anyway, I stop it now because its
    not right the html context.

    Thank you - I will check it out.
    Jan Faerber, Sep 24, 2008