corrupted email attachments

Alejandro Penate-Diaz

hi. I am sending attachments and for some reason the files are getting
corrupted and a different size than the original file. I am sending word and
excel documents.
below is the code I am using

MailMessage Message = new MailMessage();

MailAttachment att = new
MailAttachment(Server.MapPath(".")+ \\sample.doc);

Message.To = (e-mail address removed);

Message.From = (e-mail address removed);

Message.Subject = "Mail from asp.net";

Message.Attachments.Add(att);

try

{

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "my.mailserver.com";

SmtpMail.Send(Message);

}

catch(System.Web.HttpException ehttp)

{