corrupting global.asa

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by michal, Apr 17, 2007.

  1. michal

    michal Guest

    hi,
    a strange problem occured for me the other days two times: the
    global.asa was overridden once with the IISlogfile and once it was
    just corrupted and could not be opened...
    i am just wondering what could be the reasons. i suspect the upload of
    files by users .. could this be possible? do you have any other
    ideas..
    could it also be that the disk is corrupted? and if yes could it be
    because of the user uploads....

    cause the eventlog shows also this error:
    The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please
    run the chkdsk utility on the volume DATA.
    event id 55
    category disk
    source ntfs

    i could not found any viruses in the files uploaded by users nor could
    i found coding bugs ...
    are there any known exploits which could cause this behavoir?
    thanks for any advice & brainstorming...

    michal, Apr 17, 2007

  2. michal wrote:
    > hi,
    > a strange problem occured for me the other days two times: the
    > global.asa was overridden once with the IISlogfile and once it was
    > just corrupted and could not be opened...
    > i am just wondering what could be the reasons. i suspect the upload of
    > files by users .. could this be possible? do you have any other
    > ideas..
    > could it also be that the disk is corrupted? and if yes could it be
    > because of the user uploads....
    >
    > cause the eventlog shows also this error:
    > The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please
    > run the chkdsk utility on the volume DATA.
    > event id 55
    > category disk
    > source ntfs
    >
    > i could not found any viruses in the files uploaded by users nor could
    > i found coding bugs ...
    > are there any known exploits which could cause this behavoir?
    > thanks for any advice & brainstorming...

    You['ll probably get better help for this in the iis newsgroup.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 17, 2007