Cosine algo, was Re: sqrt algo

cs

Sorry what follows is completely unreadable, and not C.

in others words you don't know the answer
hint:
if x,y0 y1 is a number of digit x y0 y1 ({x,y0 y1}= 0,y0 y1)
arccos(cos[x,y0 y1]) in the set of numbers of 2 fractional digits is
not a number but a subset.

Richard Heathfield

cs said:
in others words you don't know the answer

Were it not for the missing header, "kilo.h", I'd have shown you why Dik's
claim that the code is not C is correct, by showing you my compilation
errors. As it is, the missing header has a certain fascination for my
compiler, and it simply won't move on.

toby

Dik's right, you know.
in others words you don't know the answer

....sound of jaw dropping...

--T
hint:
if x,y0 y1 is a number of digit x y0 y1 ({x,y0 y1}= 0,y0 y1)
arccos(cos[x,y0 y1]) in the set of numbers of 2 fractional digits is
not a number but a subset.

Dik T. Winter

> in others words you don't know the answer

Indeed, because I did not read it.
> hint:
> if x,y0 y1 is a number of digit x y0 y1 ({x,y0 y1}= 0,y0 y1)
> arccos(cos[x,y0 y1]) in the set of numbers of 2 fractional digits is
> not a number but a subset.

Yes? So what? I have explained already that for x close to 0 the error
in arccos(cos(x)) can be very large.

Dik T. Winter

> cs said:
>
> Were it not for the missing header, "kilo.h", I'd have shown you why Dik's
> claim that the code is not C is correct, by showing you my compilation
> errors. As it is, the missing header has a certain fascination for my
> compiler, and it simply won't move on.

I do not think there is a macro definition possible that makes the line:
os "atg(a)== " << arctg(b) << " ";
C code.

cs

Indeed, because I did not read it.
hint:
if x,y0 y1 is a number of digit x y0 y1 ({x,y0 y1}= 0,y0 y1)
arccos(cos[x,y0 y1]) in the set of numbers of 2 fractional digits is
not a number but a subset.

Yes? So what? I have explained already that for x close to 0 the error
in arccos(cos(x)) can be very large.

ok ok you are right