cost of SSL on the client

Mr. x

Hello,
Suppose the hosting site of mien support SSL on the server.

There is also the client site.

Since I am knew to it,
I would like some information about SSL,
and mainly how much (approximally) does it cost on the client side ?

Thanks :)

George Ter-Saakov

What do you mean by cost?
Moneywise? It's free.
Perfomancewise? It will spend some CPU time to encode/decode
request/response.

George.

George Birbilis

What do you mean by cost?
Moneywise? It's free.

not free on the server though if you want a certificate that won't show a
dialog in IE or other browsers that it isn't from a trusted source (like
VeriSign etc.). That is unless you're on Intranet and use some MS Server to
issue those certificates etc.

Mr. x

George Birbilis said:
not free on the server though if you want a certificate that won't show a
dialog in IE or other browsers that it isn't from a trusted source (like
VeriSign etc.). That is unless you're on Intranet and use some MS Server to
issue those certificates etc.

I would like some more information on SSL - how should I configure it - what
it is and some basic help, etc... please.

Thanks :)