Could not access 'CDO.Message' object

Lars-Erik Aabech

Have you set the static SmtpServer property of the SmtpMail class?

You probably have a virtual SMTP server on your local machine but not on the
other machines.
The SmtpServer property defaults to local, but you could set it to ie.
"mail.mycompany.com" and off you go :)

"Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" is a general error message from the
SmtpMail.send method - I've got it if an attachment isn't found, if the
SmtpServer isn't found, etc. etc.
This is definately something that should be addressed ;)

HTH,
Lars-Erik

Sabin

Hi there,

I built a .NET windows service application, which uses
SystemWeb.Mail.SmtpMail class. On my development machine (XP OS) it runs
well.
When I install the application on other machine (Windows 2000 OS + .NET
Framework 1.1), it rises an exception: "Could not access 'CDO.Message'
object"

What is missing ?

TIA,
Sabin

Henrik_the_boss

Even more basic, is to check whether or not the SMTP Service is installed or
not under Add Remove Programs :)
Doubt that the .Net Framework Mail functionality works without the service.

// Henrik