Could not access 'CDO.Message' object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lisa, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    I have 2 ASP.NET applications that I have developed locally on my PC.
    The first one I developed when I had Windows 2000.

    I recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP and developed a new ASP.NET
    application.

    When I run the old application the email method still works, but the
    email method in my new application does not work and I get the error
    "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object".

    The tested the applications ensuring that the code in both
    applications are the same for the email method:

    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = ""
    Dim objMailMessage As New MailMessage()
    objMailMessage.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html
    objMailMessage.Priority = MailPriority.High
    objMailMessage.From = "validEmailAddress"
    objMailMessage.Subject = "Testing Email"
    objMailMessage.Body = "Testing"
    objMailMessage.To = "validEmailAddress"
    SmtpMail.Send(objMailMessage)

    I also created an email method in a new Console Application to test
    and it worked. I thought that maybe it was permissions for the ASPNET
    account, but then why would the old application still work?

    I feel as though I have tried every suggestion that I have found in
    these groups, but nothing seems to work. Please help!

    I am using Framework 1.0

    Lisa, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Hi,

    check he version of your cdo.dll file. I think its different for Win 2000 &
    XP.

    See more in this link

    Hope this helps

    Joyjit

    Joyjit Mukherjee, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Take a look at this website : http://www.systemwebmail.com/

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFtcGEgLk5FVCBLb2Rlcg==?=, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Lisa

    Guest

    I found out that this was occuring because McAfee was blocking the port
    required to send email.

    , Jan 17, 2005